Kon Tiki Milestone

Flattr this!

Last night, a defining moment in this project’s history was reached. We finally made Vitaboy, the character rendering system for the game, work, as shown in the below screenshot.

This means that the Kon Tiki milestone is 83% done, and give or take another month of development, we will have released the first running version of Project Dollhouse. It won’t have any gameplay, but you’ll be able to create a character and store it on our server.

We’ve decided to go with aws for our server solution, so by the time the first client is released, you can log onto a development server hosted by us.

After 1 year, 6 months and 29 days of development, we are finally nearing land. As I am writing this, I’m sitting atop Kon Tikis mast, seeing the first birds fly by after over a year at sea.

Also, flattr buttons are now working, so feel free to flattr away!

The entire team would finally like to extend our heartfelt condolances to all families affected by the Boston bombing.

Rendering on Android

Flattr this!

Because I still haven’t really made any progress on rendering 3D with XNA, and just got a new phone (HTC Wildfire S), I’ve decided to branch out technology development to Android using OpenGL ES (Embeded Systems). It is a somewhat unlikely branch (because the likelyhood of Project Dollhouse being ported to Android is slim to none), but my hope is that I’ll be able to learn something that I can apply to XNA.

So far all I have is a spinning triangle using a texture from TSO, but I haven’t really gotten started on the programming yet because I spent quite a while setting up the development environment. I’ll update this post with pictures as soon as I have something interesting to show!

Afr0 Games is now also on Twitter! Come follow us!